Shortcut to: Isle of Wight News | Isle of Wight Weather | Isle of Wight Events | Christmas on Isle of Wight | VB Forum

Kenneth Grant RIP

As the title says, if you have a different view of the world you can discuss it here

Re: Kenneth Grant RIP

Postby Nikki » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:19 pm

What do OTO members typically say about God and Christianity? What are they taught?
Nikki

Postby No.5 » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:24 pm

sorry got to go and teach thermo dynamics to my three year old and stand more chance of her listening.

Whu not be honest and start your own thread and just call it ....'stirring'
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
...Stephen F Roberts
No.5

Postby Nikki » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:30 pm

I notice you choose to use the word "stirring" instead of answering the question. Whats wrong with the question no5?
Maybe you should start a thread called "avoiding questions about a subject i claim to know all about".
Nikki

Postby Good Fairy » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:38 pm

Thermo dynamic at three ? im impressed no.5 lol.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music....."Anon.
Good Fairy

Postby EinsteinsGhost » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:40 pm

Good Fairy wrote:Thermo dynamic at three ? im impressed no.5 lol.

Well i'm not! But then I am Einsteins Ghost :)
EinsteinsGhost

Postby Good Fairy » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:48 pm

yes...did you have to make it so difficult to bleeding understand EG...took me ages to get my head around it all..
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music....."Anon.
Good Fairy

Postby Good Fairy » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:56 pm

and for what its worth, it was the great pyramid that taught me Pi...i will never be wheel-less :)
Good Fairy

Postby EinsteinsGhost » Tue 26 Jul 2011 6:58 pm

:
Good Fairy wrote:yes...did you have to make it so difficult to bleeding understand EG...took me ages to get my head around it all..

Actually, and being serious for once! The best book I have ever read which helps explain stuff from Relativity to Evolution, the Big Bang etc is Bill Brysons 'A short history of nearly everything'. On my bookshelf, read it at least twice.
It's fantastic if you have a 'layman's' interest in Science......actually, it's just occurred to me that the only reason I sent a more serious quote is I couldn't think of a witty reply quickly! My brains frazzled just witnessing the war! :)
EinsteinsGhost

Postby No.5 » Wed 27 Jul 2011 2:25 am

Nikki wrote:I notice you choose to use the word "stirring" instead of answering the question. Whats wrong with the question no5?
Maybe you should start a thread called "avoiding questions about a subject i claim to know all about".

nothing wrong with the question...just the questioner :evil:
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
...Stephen F Roberts
No.5

Postby Nikki » Wed 27 Jul 2011 10:35 am

Its a great question isn't it no5? Why are you scared to answer? :wink:
Nikki

Postby Good Fairy » Wed 27 Jul 2011 10:59 am

if you bother to read the wicca thread nikki, he has answered....several times over the last few years.
Good Fairy

Postby Nikki » Wed 27 Jul 2011 11:05 am

Good Fairy wrote:if you bother to read the wicca thread nikki, he has answered....several times over the last few years.

Then it should be easy for him to just answer on here or post the link. I would rather no5 speak for himself. :wink:
Nikki

Postby Good Fairy » Wed 27 Jul 2011 11:11 am

just as easy for you to quit your demands for answers and pop over and take a look...or do you just want to disrupt another thread with your demands for answers.

or dont you read the wicca thread nikki ?
i think No.5 has answered you nikki...quite blatantly lol.
like i said...its all on the wicca thread...go take a look.
Good Fairy

Postby Nikki » Wed 27 Jul 2011 11:21 am

Answers are demanded of me frequently lol. I don't read the wicca thread as i'm not really interested in it. I see no harm in me asking no5 the questions i have. He doesn't need defending either lol. They are simple questions really. :lol: How asking questions on a public forum is disrupting a thread is beyond me. Why should i have to read a whole thread anyway? I only want to know a couple of things. :wink:
Nikki

Postby Good Fairy » Wed 27 Jul 2011 11:23 am

not defending, just stating the obvious lol...

yes, you are asked a lot of questions arent you nikki..shame no answers are ever forthcoming.
I believe he gave you an answer....
Good Fairy

PreviousNext

Return to A Different View of The World