Shortcut to: Isle of Wight News | Isle of Wight Weather | Isle of Wight Events | Christmas on Isle of Wight | VB Forum

Cheetah Marine new plans

Tell all about the strange granting of planning permission or enforcement around the Island

Postby doiley » Tue 19 Feb 2008 11:23 am

...it's happened again - ignore this post
site admin

the future is female
doiley

Postby Alan » Tue 19 Feb 2008 6:19 pm

Last edited by Alan on Mon 21 Apr 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praying at the porcelain altar
Alan

Postby Alan » Tue 19 Feb 2008 6:53 pm

Last edited by Alan on Mon 21 Apr 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Postby Mr Noah » Wed 20 Feb 2008 6:05 pm

Why would one consider recompensing them? They have already managed to get rent free for at least two years.

Steve
There are many things that I know nothing about. However, as I grow older, I find that I do not know what those things are.
Mr Noah

Postby Alan » Wed 20 Feb 2008 6:09 pm

Last edited by Alan on Mon 21 Apr 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Postby Mr Noah » Wed 20 Feb 2008 7:13 pm

Blakes fish haven got planning permission with a set rent. They then went back to the council and asked for two years rent free and then stepped rents up to five years. This the council granted, so perhaps the question should be addressed to the council who obviously know why this was done.

Steve
There are many things that I know nothing about. However, as I grow older, I find that I do not know what those things are.
Mr Noah

Postby CPRE-IW » Thu 21 Feb 2008 1:17 am

I wonder what the rental arrangement with the fish plant is after 5 years ? As you know, the bunch of incompetents running and overseeing the Council's Property Services in 2003 thought it was a good idea to allow Cheetah Marine, as their selected developer, to pay 5 year's rent, after which the site would be given to them freehold.
- Dennis.
Campaign to Protect Rural England exists to promote the beauty, tranquillity and diversity of rural England by encouraging the sustainable use of land and natural resoutces in town and country. Join us now.
CPRE-IW

Postby Spinster Of The Parish » Thu 21 Feb 2008 3:25 am

I have thought many times over the last decade of opening a "private" business, involving ladies in a similar predicament as ones own, in the Ventnor area. Rent,, rates, insurance and (God forbid) legallites, did tend to put one off the idea somewhat. Now however, I see, that even I may be able to become an entrepreneur, providing employment, and a service to the local community. Can anybody clarify how one goes about claiming a rather nice piece of land (one has their eyes on) to build a "service" area upon. Obviously, one would be claiming "Eco-Island" planning permission, (and of course, any grants available) as one would only be using enviromently friendly low energy red bulbs and word of mouth for advertising (saving trees). I may have a solar panel fitted to the roof, as, I have heard (on good authority) that this is all one needs to get peculiar planning permission. Are any residents of the St. Catherines Street/Wheelers Bay/Kings Bay aware of this?? :shock:
don't dream it, be it
Spinster Of The Parish

Postby farmersboy » Thu 21 Feb 2008 8:12 am

Don't forget the disability employment act, and you must provide a ramped entrance to your services :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
once a night is not enough
farmersboy

Postby mark compton-hall » Thu 21 Feb 2008 11:03 am

Alan,

It is very kind of you to be supportive of the Fishery and feel they are due compensation for having to put a ramp in.

As far as I know, it is the legal responsibility of the owner of any busines to make sure that the business is legally compliant in very way. It is not the job of the Planning Dept to pay compensation for failing to spot check a fault. If that was the case, it is a licence for every new build to stretch compliance to the limits.

If the architect who designed the fishery did not include this in at the beginning, then I would have thought he or she is at fault.

This is a new build, there are no excuses for non compliance, period!!!!
mark compton-hall

Postby Spinster Of The Parish » Thu 21 Feb 2008 12:02 pm

Indubitably Mr Farmersboy, equal opportunities for all, thats what I say, and as for ones ramped entrance, I wouldnt be without one, its tragic when someone cant get it up and one is always willing to lend a hand with such cumbersome impediments. :!:
don't dream it, be it
Spinster Of The Parish

Postby Alan » Thu 21 Feb 2008 7:29 pm

Last edited by Alan on Mon 21 Apr 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Postby farmersboy » Thu 21 Feb 2008 9:42 pm

Alan, go back 5, your not that green, are you. :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
once a night is not enough
farmersboy

Postby TomO » Thu 21 Feb 2008 10:52 pm

If they build the ramp big enough they could jump their new boats over Blakes Lake and the Poo Palace...fantastic for bringing the tourists in. :shock:
TomO

Postby Simon » Mon 25 Feb 2008 12:18 pm

@Spinster Of The Parish - Given there's an Adult entertainment centre in town already, you might up against some stiff competition.
How green is thy valley?
Simon

PreviousNext

Return to Planning Peculiarities