Shortcut to: Isle of Wight News | Isle of Wight Weather | Isle of Wight Events | Christmas on Isle of Wight | VB Forum

Free blues

If you have details of charitable or non-commercial events or appeals, feel free to spread the word here.

Free blues

Postby ColinHales » Wed 23 Feb 2011 2:21 pm

South West London blues and r 'n' b band, Juniper Hill Blues (http://www.juniperhillblues.co.uk), that has been around the block a few times, would love to play a charity gig in Ventnor. We would not want to be paid. All we would ask is a worthy Ventnor local cause to support, a venue and an occasion. One of the band (me) is semi-resident in Ventnor; the others all love the Island and would combine the gig with a weekend touring the local hostelries. If you are involved in a local charity and this appeals, do let me know and we can talk. Thank you.
ColinHales

Re: Free blues

Postby midnightgardener » Mon 28 Feb 2011 8:04 pm

Hi that sounds great im sure a local cause like patch may be interested or how about St Catherines School exspecialy as music is involved. Do you know there is now an open air theatre at the la falaise carpark above the spyglass inn.i think it would a great opener for it a local charity concert. its just an idea to sound out maybe it could be incorperated with the fringe festival ,carnival week or the new arts festival. best wishes with your groups ventures. Rod :D
Smile grin and sing and wait for the sunshine to spread everywhere.
midnightgardener

Re: Free blues

Postby ColinHales » Tue 01 Mar 2011 11:16 pm

Dear Rod. Excellent ideas:thank you. I will follow them up and keep you posted. Thank you for your good wishes. All the best, Colin
ColinHales

Return to Community and charitable events