Shortcut to: Isle of Wight News | Isle of Wight Weather | Isle of Wight Events | Christmas on Isle of Wight | VB Forum

African Drumming

If you have details of charitable or non-commercial events or appeals, feel free to spread the word here.

African Drumming

Postby Sam-r-i » Thu 26 Nov 2009 1:07 am

i used to be a member of an African Drumming club which was part of Ventnor community projects and fronted initially by Rob Chuter. If anyone knows how to get hold of him I'd be very happy. I haven't seen him in town for a while and would really like to catch up.

Also on the subject, I'd like to know if anyone knows of any other simliar clubs on the Island. Not samba drumming but using the djembe and other west african instruments.
"Everybody could probably feel the presence, but not everybody is interested. Many people are still in the grip of the ego and completely identified with their thoughts."
Sam-r-i

Hi

Postby midnightgardener » Thu 02 Sep 2010 9:44 pm

Hi there i know him by sight i know the african drumming sessions take place above Sandown library but i dont know which evening.the library should have info cheers Rod
Smile grin and sing and wait for the sunshine to spread everywhere.
midnightgardener

Postby Sam-r-i » Fri 03 Sep 2010 1:33 pm

thanks very much :) I'll look into it :D
"Everybody could probably feel the presence, but not everybody is interested. Many people are still in the grip of the ego and completely identified with their thoughts."
Sam-r-i

Return to Community and charitable events