Shortcut to: Isle of Wight News | Isle of Wight Weather | Isle of Wight Events | Christmas on Isle of Wight | VB Forum

Its a funny thing.......

As the title says, if you have a different view of the world you can discuss it here

Re: Its a funny thing.......

Postby Nikki » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:51 pm

No.5 wrote:and is following Jesus a great thing :roll:
"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)"

Lol :lol: You really don't understand do you? Either that or you are trying to mislead people. What you posted is part of a parable, not the way that you want people to see it.
When you read it in the context it was written and try to understand the translation of the parable it looks completely different.

Be Ready for the Lord’s Coming
35 “Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. 37 The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded. I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat! 38 He may come in the middle of the night or just before dawn.[d] But whenever he comes, he will reward the servants who are ready.

39 “Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would not permit his house to be broken into. 40 You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.”

41 Peter asked, “Lord, is that illustration (PARABLE) just for us or for everyone?”

42 And the Lord replied, “A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. 43 If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. 44 I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. 45 But what if the servant thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? 46 The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant in pieces and banish him with the unfaithful.

47 “And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn’t prepared and doesn’t carry out those instructions, will be severely punished. 48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
Nikki

Postby Good Fairy » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:51 pm

here endeth the sermon. :lol: :lol:
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music....."Anon.
Good Fairy

Postby EinsteinsGhost » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:52 pm

Good Fairy wrote:can i just ask ...why the need for so many christianity threads :?: ...one will do. there was one going not so long ago, and another, and now another, to go with the many already on here. is it necessary ?...shall we bog the forum down with various new threads all on the same subject. its getting a tad boring .
shall i start a new thread about AP ? Maybe 2 or 3 ? it boils down to the same arguments and discussions as was on a previous thread (s). :shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523

Only Christianity? GF I thought more of you! Their are other beleif systems just as worthy of discussion you know!
EinsteinsGhost

Postby BIGFOOT.!! » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:53 pm

I don't post often but I read the Blog nearly everyday .... And i have to say im Not a christian, i have not intention of being a christian . and the whole religion has got holes big enough plug the ozone layer .. not to say the core of Christianity is wrong , but i don't like people telling me Im a sinner ect because i don't believe your faith .. .Oh and how many people have been but to the sword because of this very thing ........ I have christian friends and not one of them would push their religion on people the way some of you lot have ... peace and tolerance , remember .
BIGFOOT.!!

Postby Good Fairy » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:54 pm

chance would be a fine thing EG. they dont get a look in before they get hijacked. :lol:
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music....."Anon.
Good Fairy

Postby Good Fairy » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:54 pm

BIGFOOT.!! wrote:I don't post often but I read the Blog nearly everyday .... And i have to say im Not a christian, i have not intention of being a christian . and the whole religion has got holes big enough plug the ozone layer .. not to say the core of Christianity is wrong , but i don't like people telling me Im a sinner ect because i don't believe your faith .. .Oh and how many people have been but to the sword because of this very thing ........ I have christian friends and not one of them would push their religion on people the way some of you lot have ... peace and tolerance , remember .

OOOOOeerrrr...now youve woken the Big Fella...im heading for them thar hills... :shock:
Good Fairy

Postby Nikki » Thu 14 Jul 2011 2:57 pm

I have not seen anyone trying to convert posters to Christianity and push their religion on to anyone else. We all have freewill. :lol:
Nikki

Postby BIGFOOT.!! » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:00 pm

really? reading some of your sermons sounds like the early missonaries going out to convert the heathens.
I thought this was a blog. not a church.
BIGFOOT.!!

Postby Good Fairy » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:04 pm

EinsteinsGhost wrote:
Good Fairy wrote:can i just ask ...why the need for so many christianity threads :?: ...one will do. there was one going not so long ago, and another, and now another, to go with the many already on here. is it necessary ?...shall we bog the forum down with various new threads all on the same subject. its getting a tad boring .
shall i start a new thread about AP ? Maybe 2 or 3 ? it boils down to the same arguments and discussions as was on a previous thread (s). :shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523

Only Christianity? GF I thought more of you! Their are other beleif systems just as worthy of discussion you know!

Pasta stainer ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good Fairy

Postby Nikki » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:04 pm

Not interested in converting, rather correcting people's mistakes about Christians and Christianity. lol
Nikki

Postby Good Fairy » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:06 pm

and theres the crux nikki . whos to say your corrections are correct ? its all suppositon and faith. Freewill...remember :roll:
Good Fairy

Postby EinsteinsGhost » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:07 pm

Please do not 'dis the great flying spaghetti monster religion GF! I'm entitled to me beliefs like anyone and I will not tolerate your atheistic thingy-wotsits!
EinsteinsGhost

Postby Good Fairy » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:09 pm

Pastafarinism ????

Im turning Hovis witness...always eat my daily bread i do :)
Good Fairy

Postby EinsteinsGhost » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:10 pm

BIGFOOT.!! wrote:really? reading some of your sermons sounds like the early missonaries going out to convert the heathens.
I thought this was a blog. not a church.

Hi Bigfoot. Not heard of you before but welcome back and good luck. The emergency exits are situated here, here and there!
EinsteinsGhost

Postby EinsteinsGhost » Thu 14 Jul 2011 3:13 pm

Good Fairy wrote:Pastafarinism ????

Im turning Hovis witness...always eat my daily bread i do :)

I gave you fair warning so-called good fairy! You will do penne-ance or suffer eternal boiling until well and truly al-dente!
EinsteinsGhost

PreviousNext

Return to A Different View of The World